Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Picture of the Day

http://mlbx.deviantart.com/


    We all have those friends that are considered "best friends forever" or even considered "bros for life." Sadly going away for college or even watching your friends go away makes you miss them. No matter what you always find yourself texting your best friend who is now 2 hours away saying "I miss you, and we need to hangout." I find myself doing that way to much, but I realize that they now can't drop everything and come see me and I can't do that same either. If you guys are seriously best friends you have a ton of pictures together, which means you can make them into this easy DIY picture frame so it makes missing them a little bit easier.






This project is so cheap and simple! Only things you have to supply is pictures of all your awesome friends, clothespins, string, and sticky hooks that wont ruin your dorm room wall. To help you all understand how cheap it is, I looked up all the things you needed and prices at Walmart. 

Natural String- $4.99
Clothespins 100 pk- $3.74
Sticky hooks- $7.12

You can get all of these items for under $20.


I personally have these hung up in my room at home, and it's awesome. This project took me about 30 min. Only because I had a ton of pictures to hang up. Even to spice it up a little bit, I added a few clear Christmas lights to them. There's many ways to do this DIY project. 
1. I hung my strings first and made sure they were even and I wanted them at the right place.
2. I tied a knot around the sticky hooks to make sure they will stay
3. I started hanging pictures 

Comment below and give me suggestions on what DIY project I should do! 




2 comments:

  1. I have seen something like this before and have always wanted to do cute things like this for my room. This is such a cool idea, I'm really glad you shared! It would be pretty awesome walking into any room and seeing this on the wall. It would take me back by just looking at all the different pictures. Pictures bring back a thousand memories, that's what I love about pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne!
    This is such a cool topic to blog about. I like how you post step-by-step instructions because it really emphasizes how simple the projects are. I can't wait to see more posts about projects that I can use to spruce up my (slightly) boring apartment, while sticking to a college student's budget! Right now I do not have any ideas for projects, but if I think of one, I will be sure to comment.

    ReplyDelete